Monday, February 9, 2009

More NYCC Announcements and Thoughts

A few more bits you guys might be interested in:

  • The Marvels Project: The origins of the Marvel U starring Cap, Human Torch, and Namor by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting. Sounds good!
  • Spider-Man: The Short Halloween: Some SNL guys and Kevin Maguire are doing a funny one-shot, I hope it gets collected with the BND trades or I'm afraid I'll miss it.
  • Ultimate Comics Spider-Man vol II: With vol I cancelled, it will be relaunched with Bendis writing and Hellcat's David LaFuente on art. I think I'm going to bow out at this point.
  • Ultimate Comics Avengers: Mark Millar doing whatever he wants with Marvel characters. That's the real theme for this book. But with Carlos Pacheco drawing, it will probably be entertaining.
  • Haunt: Todd McFarlane and Robert Kirkman will be co-writing a book with breakdowns by Greg Capullo with Ryan Ottley finishing. Too many cooks and a book that looks like it wants to be a blend of Spawn and Spidey. I'm going to have to hear really good reviews.
  • New Avengers: Stuart Immonen takes over on art this summer. I'll enjoy the trades a lot more now!
  • Lockjaw & the Pet Avengers: I see Speedball's cat in there. Looks fun.
  • Dark Reign: Too many spin-offs to even mention. I'll pick and choose based on creative team.
  • Doom Patrol: Keith Giffen is relaunching the book starring the original four members. I will give it a chance, but Giffen is hit or miss with me.

No comments: