Friday, February 27, 2009

Avengers: The Initiative #22

Again, I think I had super-high expectations for this after last issue. Ragnarok spends his time whupping up on the remaining Initiative folks, with the New Warriors returning to save the day for their own reasons. It seems Tigra is going to keep her baby after all, at least, that's my guess, since she takes herself out of the fight out of fear for the kid. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I suppose it makes sense. I was surprised a comic would come down on the pro-abortion side, and it seems we won't be seeing it here either. I really hope this means she will be remaining in the cast though, since there is an interesting story to be told about the cat-lady mother of an alien baby. Gauntlet takes charge more in this one too, although I laughed at Doc Samson's appearance. I don't think we'll be seeing him too much soon after what happened in Thunderbolts. I do hope that Stingray, Gargoyle, and Hellcat decide to stick around. I love Geiger's look too, so I'd love to see her continue in some capacity, and the same goes for Thor Girl, although she seems to be written out with this issue when she flies off to pay her respects to Asgard. I'm not sure the Warriors' mission is really worthy of the splash page at the end, surely it is not a cliffhanger of any sort. Is Disassembled over now? I mean, Ragnarok was pretty much the big threat wasn't he? Or will the re-powered Baron Blitz be more trouble?

Humberto Ramos' art was sketchier than normal here, but it looked ok. I kind of liked his take on Tigra and his Ragnarok was pretty well done. I miss that Thor costume!


Good

No comments: