Monday, December 1, 2008

Batman & the Outsiders #13

I can't tell what the point of this comic was. We've got some weird interactions with Man Bat, Spoiler, Vigilante, and Batgirl, something where Batgirl is forming her own Outsiders, but man, I just can't make myself care. I think Frank Tieri is picking up Intergang plot-threads from his Gotham Underground series, but I avoided all those Countdown tie-ins like the plague, so I'm lost. There's all sorts of weird status quos for Penguin, Man Bat, Mr. Freeze, and Killer Croc that I'm lost on. I don't really like any of those characters except Spoiler, and she comes off pretty naive and with a level of Batman-respect that I just don't remember her having. The only way I could ever care about this new Vigilante is if he's really Wild Dog like some people are speculating, but if that is the case, I'd rather he was just Wild Dog.

Ryan Benjamin's art is fine, but doesn't really stand out. With a story this empty, the art has a lot to make up for, and this doesn't do it. It's a Batman R.I.P. tie in because Batman isn't in it? I don't see any other connection.

Poor

No comments: