Saturday, May 9, 2009

Skrull Kill Krew #1


I'm very confused on how this comic got made. It actually has some neat concepts, but overall, I'm forced to ask why this was even made. Adam Felber's story follows Ryder, the Skrull-killer from the old series and The Initiative as he tracks down the last Skrulls lurking around the planet. The first confrontation is a pretty original one, where we see the Skrulls as party-people making themselves look like fabulous humans out clubbing. That's a great idea, and I almost wish that was the core concept, some Skrull trying to have fun. It turns out the Skrulls are into tying up human victims and slaughtering them There are clearly some lingering issues from the whole cow thing with the FF. After Ryder saves a human girl from the Skrulls, they head back to his place, where some other woman is waiting, but I'm afraid I missed who she was. The entire issue is interlaced with flashbacks to the Skrull-cows and how they "remembered" to start shapeshifting again. I had hoped 3-D Man would be in this, at the least. Without him, Ryder just isn't an interesting enough character to follow on an ongoing basis. Hell, I'm so tired of reading about Skrulls in general that this book had two strikes against it to start with.

Mark Robinson's art is servicable, but hardly strong enough to stick with the book for. I think I'll be sitting this one out.

Poor

No comments: