Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DCnU Round-Up

After reading the first month of the DCnU, what surprises me is that while many of the issues were at least entertaining, I’m really not interested in keeping up with them. As I feared, I just don’t care enough to keep up with all these new books. Here’s the rundown of what I purchased and whether it made my sublist:

Action Comics – Excellent – loved it, and I’m on board for the long haul. ADDED
Aquaman – Good – entertaining, but I want to see Aquaman doing more heroics. ONE MORE ISSUE
Batman – Good – entertaining, and I’m happy to be back on the core book. ADDED
Batman & Robin – Good – like the reboot never happened. ADDED
Batgirl - Good - entertaining, but too violent and mean-spirited. PASS
Batwoman - Good - visually striking, I might be pulled in. ONE MORE
Demon Knights – Good – very entertaining, neat cast. ADDED
Green Lantern – Good – like the reboot never happened ADDED
Green Lantern Corps – Good – like the reboot never happened. ADDED
Green Lantern: New Guardians – art and plot made me put it back. PASS
Grifter – Average – bad reboot, Wildstorm version was better. PASS
Justice League – Good – the hype has me wrapped up. ADDED
Justice League Dark – too violent, put back on shelf. PASS
Justice League International – Good – clearly rebooted, but my type of book. ADDED
OMAC – Good – My biggest surprise, I loved it. ADDED
Static Shock – Good – writer gone after just a few issues? No thanks. PASS
Stormwatch – Fair –my most disappointing title, I wanted to love it. ONE MORE
Swamp Thing – Excellent – so moody, it really pulled me in, I don’t want to get it, but I might. ONE MORE
Wonder Woman – Good – surprisingly violent, but not my type of book. PASS

No comments: