Saturday, June 13, 2009

Solomon Grundy #4

Dear Scott Kolins. You are an awesome artist. The newest issue of Solomon Grundy had some really neat looking flashbacks, I dug your take on Amazo, and you draw a strong Sentinel. Watching your pencils get better and better over the years has been wonderful. One thing though, please draw a different comic. I don't care about Solomon Grundy. At all.

I'm sure it is fun setting up big fights with Grundy facing off against different DC powerhouses, and that seems like a decent concept, but the setup is just weird. The Phantom Stranger is yelling instructions down at Grundy from the sky, and for some reason Grundy seems to vacillate between being a monstrous murderer and a monstrous monster, when I'm pretty sure all we really wanted to see was the monster. Grundy is one of my favorite villains, but he just doesn't warrant a limited with him melting and reforming every day. I'm not sure if I like your writing or not, at this point, since this might just be one story that didn't connect. I am thankful that you didn't kill Sentinel's wife, that would have been unnecessary.

Again, the art is fantastic. I just kind of wish it was on a different comic.

Thanks.
Your fan Timbotron

Average

No comments: