Thursday, June 11, 2009

Deadpool: Suicide King #3

I feel like either I missed an issue or that I didn't finish reading last month. I thought DD saved Deadpool from the Punisher, but I didn't remember that DP and DD had run off to solve crimes together. Once again, Mike Benson writes a pretty funny Deadpool, using a lot of the characteristics of the cancelled run from Fabian Nicieza. Deadpool and DD finally get some clues and figure out that Tombstone is the villain involved, but there isn't a lot of forward plot momentum. This is a classic middle chapter, but entertaining enough as part of the whole. I've been impressed that Marvel is flooding the market with DP books and that so many are pretty good.

Carlo Barberi's art is fine, although a tad cartoony for me. I didn't love his take on any of the heroes, but he sells the humor pretty well.

Average

No comments: