Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Philly and Heroes Con News


There were a ton of announcements coming out of convention weekend. Here's a quick rundown of the big ones and my thoughts:



  • Spider-Man - It seems Black Cat is coming back, along with Electro, Rhino, and more fun classic characters. I'll keep buying in trade.
  • Dark Reign: Ares – Kieron Gillen & Cary Nord (ltd) - I'll most likely grab the trade
  • Vengeance of the Moon Knight – Gregg Hurwitz & Jerome Opena (ongoing) - Interesting. I was liking the current Moon Knight book, so I imagine I'll keep getting this in trade.
  • Strange – Mark Waid & to be named (ltd) - I can't pass this up. Trade for certain.
  • Brother Voodoo – Rick Remender (ongoing) - Not sure, I'll need to sample.
  • Nomad: Girl Without a World – Sean McKeever & Rafael Albuquerque (ltd) - I have very little exposure to the character, so this will probably be a pass for me.
  • Justice League of America – James Robinson & Mark Bagley (ongoing) - Sold! I'll continue grabbbing the monthlies.
  • X-Men Legacy – Rogue title by Mike Carey & Daniel Acuna (at first) (ongoing) - I love Carey's work on the title now, having one of my favorite characters take over the lead will only make it better.
  • Daredevil – Andy Diggle & Roberto De La Torre (ongoing) - I won't even bat an eye and will keep buying this in monthlies.
  • X-Men: Psylocke – Chris Yost & ? (ltd) - I like the character, but I'm still hit or miss with Chris Yost...
  • Marvel Zombies: The Return – various creators (ltd) - The joke is getting really old.
  • Daring Mystery Comics – featuring the Phantom Reporter David Liss & Jason Armstrong (ltd) - Don't know enough yet, but I did like Armstrong's work on Lobster Johnson.
  • Hawkeye/Nomad? - It is looking like Clint Barton may become the new Nomad. It's weird and I don't like it. Just make him Hawkeye again!
  • Doc Savage – Brian Azzarello & Rags Morales (ongoing) - Ooh, this will be pretty hard to skip. I bet I'll grab the trades.
  • Witch Finder: Mike Mignola & Ben Stenbeck - Will grab this without a pause. The Witch Finder seemed neat in his few appearances so far.
Dark Reign: The List/Iron Patriot Acts- I'll get all these, the only question is do I buy 1-shots or wait for trade?
  • Avengers: Brian Bendis and Marko Djurdjevic
  • Daredevil: Andy Diggle and Billy Tan
  • Uncanny X-Men: Matt Fraction and Alan Davis
  • Punsiher: Rick Remender and John Romita Jr
  • Wolverine: Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic
  • Secret Warriors: Jonathan Hickman and Ed McGuinness
  • Hulk: Greg Pack and Ben Oliver
  • Amazing Spider-Man: Dan Slott and Adam Kubert

No comments: