Friday, June 19, 2009

Heroes Convention 2009

At this moment, I'm piling into a van in Washington DC, heading down to Charlotte, NC for Heroes Con 2009. I flew into town yesterday and now we're heading down for our 9th Heroes Con. The trip is always fun and the con is the best one I've attended. I've been to Philly, Chicago, San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Heroes, and Heroes always has the most approachable guests and the best back issue selection. It would be nice if you could purchase your tickets online though, I can't believe I still have to call or fax someone!



This year's goals and highlights:

  • Bill Mantlo Spectacular Spider-Man back issues
  • Roger Stern Amazing Spider-Man back issues
  • Gerry Conway & Dick Dillin Justice League back issues
  • A sketch from GI Joe artist Rod Whigham (I'm thinking Hawkeye)
  • A sketch from Green Arrow/Black Canary artist Cliff Chiang (I'm thinking Scarlet Witch)
  • Catch a screening of The Hangover
  • Eat at the regional gem known as Jack in the Box!

We'll see how it goes. You never can tell how much the sketch prices are going to go up each year. I have to balance my original art needs against my back issue notebook!

I will be auto-posting comic reviews through the weekend. Also, any votes on con-reports? Should I try to get online as I can from the hotel, or should I just do one report when I get back?

1 comment:

PunchBuggyBlues said...

Have fun. I'll be heading up to the Philly show on Sunday.