Sunday, June 14, 2009

Green Lantern Corps #37

Suddenly I'm not so pleased about Sodam Yat's sacrifice last issue. When he gave his life to turn Daxam's red sun to yellow, he has created a planet of racist and intolerant bullies. I loved seeing how quickly Yat's father started demeaning Arisia as soon as he had the power to back up his claims. Peter Tomasi has done a fantastic job making me hate Daxam as much as Yat does. I really can't believe Arisia is willing to put herself in danger for these bums.

The riot on Oa is going along nicely too. I loved seeing Bolphunga and Kanjar Ro willing to side with the GLs against the more depraved yellow and red lanterns. I didn't spot my new favorite GL Voz this issue, but he may very well be there. Kyle and Guy were fantastic this issue, and I actually found myself cheering when the overcharged Alpha Lanterns showed up too. I think my favorite part of the whole storyline has been that the GLs can handle it, that they put down the revolt, and that Guy Gardner figures this is just another day forthe corps.

Patrick Gleason does a great job with the riot scenes this issue. He's got some splash pages that look fantastic. The inking and coloring are as great as ever too.

Good

No comments: