Monday, March 22, 2010

Guardians of the Galaxy #24

This issue is a bit of filler, I'd say its main purpose is the big return on the final page. There are some nice reintroduction pages for the "dead" members of the Guardians, but for long time readers I'm not sure we're getting a whole lot new. There is a great bit with one of the Guardians taking his place on the galactic council, it makes a lot of sense while maintaining the silliness I love in Guardians.

The Church of Universal Truth is still a darn neat villain group, just because of the nature of their faith-based powers. As long as they believe, they can win. It's a great concept and it always leads to great comeuppance when they face down our heroes.

Of course, the big story is the reveal on the last page. I knew this character was coming back. I knew he was important to Realm of Kings. And yet I was still suprised to see him return this way. Well played, DnA.

Wes Craig isn't bad, he just isn't anywhere near as tight as Brad Walker. His storytelling is clear enough, I just wish everyone didn't look like they were screaming.

Fair

No comments: