Friday, July 23, 2010

News from Comicon and the Past Week!

Here's the stuff that's caught my eye so far. I'm including some thoughts on the solicits of the past week too.


DC Announcements (many announements were pre-Comicon this week)

Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason are the new creative team on Batman & Robin. This is a great move by DC, I'll keep the title on my pull list for sure.

Paul Cornell is writing a Knight & Squire limited for DC. Sounds totally excellent, I can't wait. In anticipation of many re-reads, I'm going to wait for the trade.

David Finch is getting a new Batman book. I'll wait for the library, thanks.

Marc Guggenheim is taking over JSA after James Robinson finishes his current story. I really dug Bill Willingham's take, so I think I'll bow out after the crossover.

DC is putting out a new THUNDER Agents book. I have no exposure to these guys, so I have no idea if this will be any good. I'm not sure what to think of the creative team either!

Static is back in his own ongoing series! Yay! It's not written by Dwayne McDuffie! Boo. So much for that idea. I'll sit this one out.

Tyler Kirkham is the new penciller on Green Lantern Corps. I expect it to be Silvestri-iffic!
Christos Gage is back in the DCU with a Ragman 1-shot. Sold!

Tiny Titans is crossing over with Archie. My daughters are sold on the Titans these days, I wonder if they'll cross over?

Marvel Announcements (limited details so far)
  • Joss Whedon confirmed himself as the director of the Avengers movie. I predict a bigger part for Wasp!
  • Fred Van Lente is following up his Shadowland: Power Man series with a Power Man & Iron Fist limited. Mark me down for the trades!
  • Mark Waid is coming back to Cap with a new limited, Captain America: Man Out of Time! Sold! Any chance Ron Garney can do the art?
  • Jonathan Hickman and Carlos Pacheco launch Ultimate Thor in October. I look forward to picking this up from the library! If anything could pull me back into the Ultimate U for real, this might have been it.
  • Holy cow! Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning are launching Thor/Iron Man this fall! That should be awesome!
  • Rocket Raccoon and Groot have a limited series from DnA too. Are you kidding? I mean, I'm buying it, but wow!

No comments: