Thursday, November 27, 2008

Guardians of the Galaxy #7

This team has so many cool characters, they can actually fill two rosters! Rocket Raccoon's fill-in team is pretty good on its own. Groot, Major Victory, Mantis, and Bug do a good job filling in against the Badoon as the modern incarnation of the team starts to follow in the footsteps of the original line-up. (I did miss seeing Nikki in the flashbacks, but I think she was not an original member, right? Still, she should have been included.) I enjoyed the check-ins with the normal team too, giving me some hopet that we'll have the teams merge at some point in the future. I am concerned about how much Gamorra is hitting on Adam Warlock. Isn't she still hooking up with Nova?

The main story is really giving me a Negation vibe, Pelletier's zoms and monsters are really looking like the beasties that used to appear in that Crossgen title. That's not a complaint, since I loved Negation, but man, it really feels like that.

Good

No comments: