Friday, October 23, 2009

Blackest Night: Superman #3

I suppose I'm still glad I picked this up, but there really isn't a lot resolved. The issue closes with the normal "see Blackest Night!" type closer. Typical for a big crossover. I did like that the Super-buddies managed to take out Psycho Pirate and Kal-L. Having New Krypton have a "no-zombies" forcefield is a little convenient, don't you think? If I understand correctly, this takes Supergirl out of the whole Blackest Night story too. She can't leave the planet or their force field will go down and we'd have legions of super-zombies on our hands.

I'm not sure exactly how Psycho Pirate's powers work either. Superboy seemed to overcome his emotions when things got hairy, but I suppose I'm ok with that. I loved Superboy's use of the tactile TK. It felt like the old days, now put him back in black jacket and red shades!

Since the Pirate's mask seemed to totally dissolve the Pirate and Kal-L, I guess neither of them are possibilities to get resurrected at the close of Blackest Night.

Eddy Barrows' art is dynamic. His take on Superman isn't my favorite, but he does a nice job with teens like Superboy and Supergirl. He seems to enjoy rendering gristly zombies too.

Fair

No comments: