Saturday, March 19, 2011

Booster Gold #42


Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis connect with me a lot better when they bring the funny. That's not to say I didn't enjoy this issue, but calling someone the Perforated Man is a silly element in what is supposed to be a tragic story. It's hard to take the drama too seriously, although due to the structure of the story, I suppose we can assume that Booster turns out ok.

The title is a bit shaky at the moment, with the current creative team about to step away to let Dan Jurgens come back and tie in to Flashpoint. I'm still not sold on the Flashpoint concept. I just don't care about reading about Aquaman with short hair for three months, then everything pops back to normal.

Chris Batista is still doing a wonderful job. He deserves more time on top titles, in fact, he'd be a great penciler for a new JLI title!

Fair

No comments: