Thursday, June 10, 2010

Justice League: Generation Lost #3

I can't tell if I'm more forgiving of this comic every month because it features some of my favorite DC heroes, or if I actually dig it. Either way, I'm solidly entertained once again as the JLI travels around the DCU putting the band back together. I assume we're getting a Rocket Red next issue, so that will be great. I don't suppose this book could have Metamorpho? Crimson Fox? Heck, I'd take Major Disaster!

The Fire/Checkmate confrontation seemed a tad unnecessary, but now there is no doubt that Max Lord is out to undermine his former teammates. With both Fire and Captain Atom getting so besmirched, it will be interesting to see what happens after this series is over.

I like the idea that Booster is the driving force for this team. He really is the guy calling the shots at this point (with Cap Atom backing him up). Putting the new Blue Beetle on the team just makes sense too. I'm still holding out some kind of hope that we could eventually see Ted Kord back in some capacity. Keith Giffen and Judd Winick have another idea here too; AI's can remember Max Lord. So we know Skeets and the Blue Beetle scarab remember, does that mean Red Tornado will? Are there any other big robot characters I'm forgetting?

Fernando Dagnino handles the pencils this time, and he's ok. I'd love to see more "classic" JLI pencillers getting a shot, but I suppose Dagnino has a more DC house style right now.

Good

No comments: