Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brightest Day #4

I don't know what it is, I'm just not feeling Brightest Day that much. It doesn't help that this issue doesn't have any focus on my buddy Martian Manhunter. His segments have been my favorites so far, so him sitting out this issue does dampen my excitement.

Hawkman and Hawkgirl walk through some weird portal of bones built by their immortal foe Hath-Set, only to find themselves on Pandora. I hope they get to fly around with those weird bird things with. How long till they meet the Navii?

There are some weird new aqua-people using hard water weapons, so I assume they are related to Mera somehow, but I have no idea who any of those folks are. The new Aqualad shows up briefly too, but he doesn't know how to swim. Isn't that like a new Ghost Rider who doesn't know how to ride a bike?

Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm is having some weird stuff happen to him involving evil voices, salt, and beer. That's honestly all I can figure out right now.

Deadman bounces into Dove's bedroom, and it seems she and Hawk can both see him. I'm intrigued at the idea of Deadman traveling around resurrecting more heroes, but I'm pretty sure the original Dove isn't actually going to come back next issue.

The art is mixed. I wonder if the bi-weekly deadlines are already starting to press? Hawkman and Hawkgirl in particular didn't look as dynamic as they did in the early issues.

Fair

No comments: