Saturday, June 12, 2010

Invincible #72

This is the goriest comic I've ever read.

I honestly can't believe where the fight between Invincible and Conquest ends up. I don't even know what else to say. Ryan Ottley draws it well, but this would get an X rating if it were a movie.

I like that Kirkman doesn't skimp out on the resolution here, this is a definitive end for Conquest's meddling in Invincible's life. For those interested, most of the issue consists of Invincible strangling Conquest while Conq pummels Invincible in the gut.

SPOILERS: By the end of the issue, Conquest is lying there dead, clutching Invincible's guts in his clenched fists. Invincible looks pretty bad, obviously.

I've made a lot of comments about gore in comics, and this is up there, but I think I'm a bit more forgiving in an independent title like this. I don't think many 8-year-old kids are going to pick up Invincible 72.

Good

No comments: