Monday, February 22, 2010

Green Lantern Corps #45

"You're just green bugs that wanna kill me! And I'll show ya what I do to bugs! I crush 'em!" That's why Guy Gardner has become one of my favorite characters. Peter Tomasi just gets Guy better than anyone else. This issue wraps up the whole Guy as a Red Lantern arc, and once again Tomasi balances panel time for the Corps and still get some great character moments for Guy.

Things get desperate as the GLC spends a few pages debating with Indigo Lantern Monk about how they are going to free Guy from the red ring. In the end, Mogo comes through once again and has a swarm of leeches purge most of the acidic blood from Guy's system. I'll tell you what, if it wasn't for Mogo, the Corps would be in a lot of trouble during Blackest Night.

Patrick Gleason rocks the pencils once again. I love how quickly he can shift from chainsaws to hot gals to weird aliens. He really is the perfect fit for this book.

Excellent

No comments: