Friday, November 11, 2011

OMAC #3


There has got to be something wrong with me. When so many of the DCnU's titles have been totally boring me, I still love OMAC. I love the cheesy titles, I love the lack of characterization in the main character. He's basically a techno-Hulk, and it is so much fun watching this bull wreck the china shop of DC's spy organizations.

We see more of Checkmate this month, and of course Max Lord is still maneuvering around the edges of the plot. I enjoyed Dan DiDio and Keith Giffen's attempt to create more mad ideas in the Kirby vein. The little strike team that tries to take out OMAC is a tad generic, but they certainly are fun.

The Psi-Fi Man would be revolting if he was drawn realitically, but in Giffen's Kirby-style, he just looks hilarious. That gigantic brain is pretty great, even if I generally don't care for mental-powered bad guys.

Good

1 comment:

Martin Gray said...

Naw, there's nothing wrong with you, it's a comic that sets out to be big daft fun, and that's just what it is. Nice review.