Saturday, January 8, 2011

Starman/Congorilla #1


Interesting. So James Robinson takes a small step to make up for one of the many errors of Justice League: Cry for Justice. That series was a farce, and amongst it's many sins was a bloodthirsty slaughter of established characters. One of those characters manages to return here. I have an issue with it; if this guy can get tossed in a Lazarus Pit, why not Ted Kord? The Dibney's Pa Kent? But I'm not going to complain too loudly, because at least Robinson fixes one of the silly errors in that awful limited.


This issue jumps around in time, and it works well because each jump adds another fun character to the team-up. Starman and Congorilla are weird enough, but they find some good oddball guest stars to round out the book, including Rex the Wonder Dog (who can no longer talk!) and Animal Man.


Brett Booth is still a weird artist. His people have too-long necks and torsos, and their faces are oddly cartoonish. I'm not looking forward to him taking over JLA. I did appreciate him outfitting Gorilla City soldiers in old Wildstorm gear though. I know I spotted Backlash and Grifter.


Fair

No comments: