Thursday, January 20, 2011

Justice League: Generation Lost #17


What a cover! I love this theme, but man, the new Blue Beetle really is a fantastic design, isn't he?

Max Lord kidnapped Jaime Reyez last month, and we still really don't know why. I think it is interesting that this series started with Max Lord ALMOST explaining his position; he was still bad, but you could almost see his rationale (except when he killed Ted Kord, of course). Now Judd Winick has morphed him back into being a full-on villain. Not only is Lord kidnapping kids, mind-controlling soldiers, and teaming up with super-villains, but now he's upping his game. Lord reveals himself as Janus, the obviously-named newcomer to Checkmate. I was surprised to see what happened to Taleb Beni Khalid-Isr, the Black King of Checkmate. It certainly seems like that organization is going to be pretty poorly off once again.

This issue closes with a nice cliffhanger; I can't wait to see Power Girl go up against Captain Atom. I could really see either one of them winning that fight.

I always say that Joe Bennett does a great job with Blue Beetle III, and he proves it again here. Jaime looks awesome. I still say he has a better handle on some characters than others; now with Power Girl joining the book, I'd say he draws her pretty well too.

Good

No comments: