Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Booster Gold #40


It's weird that Booster Gold and Blue Beetle III both have their iconic covers on the same week. Two of my DCU faves getting great exposure on the same week!

I'm not sure why Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis spend so much of this issue re-telling Booster's origin. Obviously we're leading into some type of trial storyline (a genius idea, btw), but aren't most of the folks reading this title pretty familiar with Michael Carter's past? The trial storyline is a great idea, I expect to see Booster defending his life since his museum heist, but it does seem weird that this issue was so disjointed.

The Nazi scientist and "Hit Point" are both sort of random players at this point. I have a hard time seeing how they're going to justify taking up so many pages, especially in the newly reduced DC line. I could feel that this book was a couple pages shorter than it used to be.

Pat Oliffe is a solid fill-in penciller for this book, but I miss Chris Batista's more cartoony style. Oliffe tends to draw Booster looking a bit too young.

Fair

No comments: