Monday, April 19, 2010

C2E2 News and Announcements

Super Soldier a four-issue Steve Rogers series by Ed Brubaker and Dale Eaglesham. Can't wait. I'm annoyed Brubaker keeps coming up with new books I have to buy.

Shadowland, a five-issue series by Andy Diggle and Billy Tan featuring the street-level Marvel heroes. This is going to be great, I'm sure, but I'm probably switching to trades for "Marvel Street."

Avengers Academy instructors will include Hank Pym, Tigra, Justice, Speedball, and Quicksilver. Must buy, for me, especially considering that I think the real Wasp would fit nicely up in that right corner.

The Avengers will operate out of Avengers Tower, while the New Avengers will operate out of the mansion. I can get behind that.

James Robinson has promised to "make justice league a big, exciting, epic adventure" to make up for Justice League: Cry for Justice. I hope so, Cry was terrible.

Avengers, The Children's Crusade will be an eight-issue Young Avengers limited by Allan Heinberg and Jimmy Cheung. Scarlet Witch is one of the most famous Marvel ladies, they really need to get her back into action.

Emerald Warriors will feature Guy Gardner, Kilowog, and Arisia. Green Lantern Corps will be for Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, and GL Ganthet. Emerald Warriors will be written by Peter Tomasi with art by Fernado Pasarin.

Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert are working on Flashpoint for 2011.

Secret Warriors will be ending around issue 27 or 28. I still haven't read the first trade!

Ultimate Comics Mystery by Brian Michael Bendis and Rafa Sandoval is a follow-up to Ultimatum. That's funny, I'm pretty much done with the Ultimate U after Ultimatum.

The Mighty Crusaders will get a new limited series, uniting the Red Circle characters under one title. Depending on the writer, this could be really good.

Amazing Spider-Man: One Moment in Time is a four-issue Spider-Man storyby Joe Quesada and Paolo Rivera that should fill in some marriage gaps. I may dodge this just because it is still a sore spot for me.

SPIDER-MAN/FANTASTIC FOUR a four-issue limited by Christos Gage & Mario Alberti should be good. I'll grab the trade.

Hitmonkey is coming back in a three issue limited by Daniel Way & Dalibor Talijic with covers by Dave Johnson. I don't care, but maybe you do!

Avengers and the Infinity Gauntlet is a re-telling of the classic story, four issues by Atomic Robo's Brian Clevinger & Brian Churilla

Captain America: Patriot gets four issues by Karl Kesel & Mitch Breitweiser, this looks really promising.

Thor: The Mighty Avenger by Roger Langridge & Chris Samnee gives me hope that Marvel's kid output is increasing.

Dan Jurgens is writing a Time Masters: Vanishing Point, a six-issue limited series tying in to the Return of Bruce Wayne. Even though Jurgens' most recent work was only average, I'll probably still get this.

Looks like a new Invaders project with Christos Gage and Alex Ross involved. If Gage is writing, I'm sold on the eventual trade.

Punisher vs. some kind of infected Marvel Universe project. A Marvel zombies crossover? Looks like Goran Parlov art, excellent!

Supergirl and Jade are joining the Justice League. James Robinson says there will soon be more ladies than guys on the team. My daughter will be pleased.


Osiris' return supposedly means good things for the Shazam family of characters.

Ok, working on the next post now, there's a TON of news!


No comments: