Wednesday, February 29, 2012

X-Men Legacy #262


After last issue’s somewhat dull conflict, I really enjoyed the throw down this issue. Christos Gage delivered everything I want in a super-slugfest this time, with Wolverine leading his team of X-Men against Exodus. After wisely nerfing some of Exodus’ more game-changing abilities (Rogue steals his teleportation and Rachel Grey keeps his telepathy occupied), there is plenty of room for an old fashioned throw down. Cannonball and Rogue alternate pulverizing Exodus into the ground. Gambit explodes that fancy cape. Frenzy gets to wax poetic about Exodus’ failings. And Wolverine gets knocked about and burnt up.

Gage does a great job with the dialogue, making the fight feel fluid and realistic. Wolverine is barking out orders and Exodus adapts. Not sure what’s up with the Generation Hope kids showing up, but I barely know them anyway, so I’m not sure if I need to be worried or not.

David Baldeon hadn’t really impressed me in his first issues, and his art still isn’t exactly my thing, but I have to give credit where it is due. The fight is fast-paced and exciting, and all the X-Men’s powers are shown off nicely. It’s a well-choreographed battle.

Good

No comments: