Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nova #27

Things aren't looking good for Robbie Ryder. I'm really hoping that Rich can get to his brother before he dies, since that would really darken the feel of the Nova comic. I've said before that one of my favorite things about this comic is how "normal" Rich is when he's on Earth. I can't think of any other hero who called his Dad to get a ride to a secret base when he lost his powers. Setting the sibling rivalry between Rich and Robbie in the Nova Corps during the War of Kings has led to some neat development for Robbie, but I do think he bit off more than he could chew in taking on Strontian. Strontian is Gladiator's cousin and she's got all the immense power he does. If she did succeed in killing the junior Ryder, then I think Nova will be unloading some serious hurt on her next issue.

I also enjoyed the little confrontation Nova had with Blastaar. These two are former allies against the Phalanx and I believe the Annihilation Wave, but Blastaar is still a villain. Nova should know better than to trust any of these scumbags, but I suppose it made sense seeing how Blastaar reacted to Nova's surprise appearance. Seeing this aspect of the War of Kings is fun, I am still very curious to see how the Nova Corps survives the conflict.

Andrea De Vito is a great fit for the book. He's got the clean storytelling abilities I love and he draws great heroes and space-girls. Good stuff.

Good

No comments: