Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chicago Comic-con News and Announcements!

Comic Book Resources has some great articles recapping Chicago's announcements. As always, I'm just posting these in the order of my interest.

  • Dan Slott supposedly dropped hints that Thor would be entering Dark Reign through Mighty Avengers. We couldn't be lucky enough to have him join that team, could we?
  • Realm of Kings - DnA's new status quo for Marvel Cosmic. It kicks off with a one-shot starring Quasar and will continue in two new limiteds; Imperial Guard by DnA and Kev Walker and Inhumans by DnA and Pablo Ramiondi. I love cosmic Marvel!
  • It sounds like Darkhawk will be a featured character in the Nova ongoing too! Combined with Guardians and we're getting like 4 DnA books a month for the forseeable future.
  • Jeff Parker is taking over the Thunderbolts, and he's promising to keep focusing on both teams of T-bolts. Excellent news!
  • Assault on New Olympus is the next arc of Incredible Hercules. The New and Mighty Avengers will be guest-starring, so I'm psyched.
  • Paul Cornell & Leonard Kirk are writing Dark X-Men, a new mini starting this fall. As you know, Cornell's work on Captain Britain guarantees I will purchase this.
  • DC's co-features will be getting their own trades, which is good to hear (so I can get the Captain Atom stuff after all).
  • Spider-Man & the Secret Wars tells the old series' story from Spidey's point of view. Sounds like another Marvel Adventures-style treat I can read with my daughter. (ALthough this is not an "Adventures" title, it sure looks that way.)
  • S.W.O.R.D. - a new ongoing starring Agent Brand, Beast, and Lockheed written by Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders. I'm not sold yet, but I'm intrigued...

No comments: