Thursday, November 15, 2012

Avenging Spider-Man #14

I very rarely buy comic books just for the art, but Gabrielle Dell’Otto’s art is so nice, I had to make an exception. It certainly doesn’t hurt that at least so far; I’ve never read a bad book by Cullen Bunn. The streak continues, this is a fun little team-up and it sports some gorgeous artwork.

Listen, I’m not going to say this is the most complicated plot or a story filled with twists and turns. But if you want to see Spider-Man team up with Devil Dinosaur in the Savage Land? Snappy dialogue? This book has got you covered.

This book is basically one extended monologue from Spider-Man. He’s fighting dinosaurs the whole time, and while they may be technologically enhanced, they don’t seem too much smarter. Moon Boy does his best to banter with Spider-Man, but it’s not going to work too well. I was reading this with my daughter, and we both cracked up at Moon Boy’s complicated thoughts and reasoning, only to see that it is “hysterical shrieking” to Spidey. What a great detail.

It’s rare to have comics that both my daughter and I can enjoy, so it is great that Avenging Spider-Man has been a pretty regular read for us. Everyone likes seeing heroes team up, and Spidey is the perfect gateway character to give readers a tour of the Marvel U. My daughter is not going to forget Devil Dinosaur any time soon!

Good

No comments: