Sunday, September 11, 2011

Invincible #82


Does Robert Kirkman actually name Universa in this issue? I swear I read the whole thing and don’t remember seeing it. Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea that the next story arc after the space-bound Viltrumite War is a chance to get re-acquainted with Invincible’s worst foes, but I need a touch more recap.

The whole concept that Invincible would use his status and power to try and defuse some of these world conquerors is an extension of the logic that Kirkman has been putting in his super-hero books for years. As I’ve said, the villains and heroes in Kirkman’s head are all fairly reasonable. Even maniacs like Dinosaurus have goals and can be somewhat reasonable!

I am pretty curious to see how ‘Vince deals with Cecil Stedman’s latest reveal. I understand why the government agent did what he did, but it isn’t going to be a popular decision.

Ryan Ottley’s cover is stunning, even chained and locked away, Universa seems pretty dang threatening, doesn’t she? The interiors are just as solid. I need some original art from this guy!

Good

No comments: