Sunday, September 4, 2011

Batman Incorporated #8


It's kind of funny that these computer-generated comics don't look that much better today than they did 10 years ago (or more). I have that weird one-shot, The Dome, which was supposed to start off the art form of cgi comics, and then I bought that weird Green Lantern book that was digitally painted too. Grant Morrison wins some points by trying to make the story really fit the digital art, but even so, this book is a bit hard to follow.

I'm not going to complain about too much happening in one issue, but I wouldn't have complained if we'd had a little more time to get to know the different digital investors in this issue. The reveal of the traitor is sort of meaningless if we just met them all a few pages ago. Did the "trojan" avatar even have any lines of dialogue?

Again, I can respect some of Scott Clark's great shots of Batman digitally generating, or of Batgirl arriving on her sweet digi-bike, but this is still too odd looking to be anything more than a one-off special. Keep my comics hand-drawn!

Average

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I thought this was a worthy effort for sure, and even pretty cool for a novelty experiment issue. But like you, I'm happy that this isn't the status quo.