Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Walking Dead #83



It's a good thing I didn't bother to learn all these new folks' names cause a whole lot of them are zombie chow at this point. I did love the quick shot of survivors spread around the community. I may have to learn some new names after all. (I do like the lady worker who was kicking butt with that crowbar. Looks like she got on a roof and away from the horde.)

Rick backs down a little from his pronouncements last issue, but he is still a ruthless dude in this. There are three or four moments where I actually gasped while reading this, and I don't want to ruin them, but I'll just say that this book stuck with me for an hour after I read it.

Charlie Adlard's art is always great, and he does a fantastic job showing each of the deaths in this issue. He shows the victim's face surrounded by hands and teeth; it's just horrific watching these folks meet their fate. This is what we want from our zombie comics and I'm happy the zombies can still scare me after 83 issues.

Excellent

No comments: