Wednesday, October 13, 2010

REBELS #21

Sheesh, those new GLs are UGLY! Is DC trying to drive off all the readers that the Starfire covers brought on?


This issue picks up a bit after last month's conclusion to the Brainiac arc. I was never too wrapped up in the Brainiac plot, but seeing Vril Dox world building with his LEGION rent-a-cops? Now that's cool. Lobo works best as a hired gun for Dox, and a lot more of the Main Man's personality comes through in this issue. I loved watching him stomp the GL rookies around, I'm not sure who I'm supposed to be rooting for, but I'm in the REBELS camp all the way.

I do find it interesting that the book is putting so much focus on those two rookie GLs when there is such an interesting, expansive cast waiting for panel time. I like what Tony Bedard is doing with his two new GLs, but man, seeing all those great characters on the LEGION splash page just made me pine for more Starfire, Captain Comet, and Adam Strange. Heck, at this point I want to see more from Bounder!

Claude St. Aubin's pencils are so detailed, I can always lose myself in the alien worlds and beings he creates. He does a great job on the heroic aspects of comic art too. Lobo looks awesome.

Good

No comments: