Friday, October 8, 2010

NYCC News and Notes



Here's some random news that struck my fancy from Day 1:

  • In a fantastic turn of events, DC is rolling back the price point of their books to $3.99. I'm adding Batman INC., Emerald Warriors, and not dropping JLA as I planned. Great move, DC!
  • DnA are kicking off some sort of zombie invasion of the IDW universe. This will affect the Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and Transformers. I'm sure I don't see how this will work, but I trust DnA to make it work. I'm curious to see how they trade this.
  • Astonishing Captain America launches next summer from Andy Diggle and Adi Granov. That is going to be a good comic.
  • The X-Men are going to Monster Island in Astonishing X-Men. Could be fun, but I'm iffy on Daniel Way, although Jason Pearson on art will be awesome.
  • Wolverine and Jubliee are getting a new mini from Kathryn Immonen and Phil Noto. I can predict now that it will be pretty with unique dialogue.
  • Wolverine & Hercules are getting a mini about bar-hopping. Frank Tieri is hit or miss with me, but this could be fun.
  • Nick Spencer and Bernard Chang are taking over Supergirl. I'm so far behind on this title, I haven't even read any of Sterling Gates' stuff yet!

1 comment:

Martin Gray said...

Oh, you're in for a treat - Sterling and Jamal is when it becomes readable and unmissable.