Monday, October 25, 2010

Batman & Robin #15

When I understand the story, there is nobody better than Grant Morrison. This chapter of Batman and Robin Must Die! is as strong as the opening chapters. The story flows and really packs a nice punch.

I can't get enough of the horrifying Mr. Pyg, and he has some wonderful, terrible sounds this issue, including "RRRMM" and "lugm lug." He's so freaking gross, he's one of those characters that you just love seeing him get knocked around.

Morrison turned Damian into the star of this book a few months ago, and once again, he steals the show here. He stands tall while dealing with the Joker and then shows his skills when fighting mobs of Dr. Hurt's underlings.

Dr. Hurt is still a mysterious foe, we don't know much about him. But I'm starting to think Alfred does, there was some real malice in Alfred's greeting as Hurt arrived at Wayne Manor.

Of course, the big news is the return on the last page. I won't lie, I'm excited to see Batman, Nightbats, and Damian lay out some beatings next issue.

Excellent

2 comments:

Martin Gray said...

I liked this one too, even when I didn't have much idea what was going on - I just wasn't brave enough to review it.

I'm for issues with coherent character and plot!

Timbotron said...

Ha! Just wait until you see what I thought of Morrison's Kid Eternity trade!