Monday, October 11, 2010

NYCC News & Notes part 2


Interesting stuff on Saturday and Sunday!

  • War Machine is getting a new series, Iron Man 2.0 by Nick Spencer and Barry Kitson. I love Kitson's art, but Spencer is an unknown to me. I'm a big Rhodey fan so I'll probably check this out either way.
  • Abnett and Lanning announced a Devastation Wave one-shot that should set up the cosmic side of Marvel for the next few years.
  • Hobgoblin is returning in Dan Slott's Big Time run of Amazing Spider-Man!
  • Jason Aaron and Ron Garney are launching Ultimate Captain America. I'll get the trades almost certainly.
  • It looks like Marvel is going to do something with Crossgen. Mark Waid will be involved, as will the Ruse characters. Not sure who else is coming up, but I'm sure hoping for Negation.
  • Bendis and Maleev are launching a new Moon Knight series. I'm intrigued, but also a tad worried.
  • I like hearing that the DC crowd has been luke-warm about the Hawks story in Brightest Day.
  • Squirrel Girl is the Cage family's new nanny. That should be interesting.
  • Arcade: Death Game by Paul Tobin could be fun.
  • Red Hulk isn't the only new member for the Avengers.
  • Victor Gischler's X-Men has been better than I expected, so I'm intrigued to see the team head back to NYC.

No comments: