Saturday, August 14, 2010

Star Wars Vector TPB 1

Whose idea was this? As I'm working through the Star Wars Legacy series, I realized I was missing a VERY important chapter where Cade Skywalker takes on the Sith Lord. As I researched, it looked like that chapter was part of Star Wars Vector, a separate storyline and trade, so I queued those up and checked them out from the library.

And I have no clue what is happening. I guess there is some series that takes place way in the past, before the Star Wars movies. Knights of the Old Republic? There are a ton of Boba Fett guys running around doing something, and there are Jedi in it, but that's about all I can figure out. The whole first half of this book makes absolutely no sense to me. Perhaps people can follow this, but I sure can't. I don't understand why the leads are important or what they're doing. To be honest, I quit reading it about halfway through. The art is too cartoony for a Star Wars story too.

Poor

The second story holds up much better. This one is pulled from Star Wars Dark Times, and it features a smuggling crew dealing with Darth Vader. See, that's a high concept I can instantly understand! It's a nice, quick little story with these guys caught up with Vader and some clones. I think I'll read more of this series. Not too bad at all. The art is fantastic too, Darth looks awesome!

Good

So overall, the last bit of story saves the rating on this.

Average

No comments: