Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Justice League of America #47

I'm not sure if I'm just not into it or what, but I'm just not thrilled by this Starheart storyline. I've never been into the whole Starheart concept, it's a bit too abstract for me, and this story is no exception.

James Robinson has formed up a unique cast of leads by merging the JLA and JSA. NightBats, Donna Troy, Jesse Quick, Hourman, Jade, Mr. America and Mr. Miracle II are a strike force trying to get to the center of a green city on the Moon. Somehow the Starheart is controlling Alan Scott, and tons of heroes and villains all over the DCU are going crazy. So is it just me, or does one of those names not belong with the others. I'll call it now, James Robinson is going to kill off Mr. America during this storyline. He just doesn't belong with that team. Robinson does a nice job with NightBats and Donna Troy. His Mr. Miracle II is fun, but then, Shilo is a great character. His JSAers are far more generic. They don't come across anywhere near as well. Obsidian has a decent role, although I'm unhappy to see him being mentally controlled yet again. That guy can't win.

Mark Bagley continues his solid run on the stars of the DCU. Batman looks great, and his Mr. Miracle II is cool and current looking. I like Obsidian's look these days too. Hopefully he'll stick around after this story.

Average

2 comments:

Always Right said...

Have you been unimpressed with all of Robinson's work since he came back to comics?

Timbotron said...

I'm sad to say, I think so. There hasn't been anything close to Golden Age or Starman. Heck, not even as good as Vigilante or Firearm.