Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Green Lantern Corps #51

It just makes sense that the GL who doesn't use his ring would go up against villains who can drain a ring's power. Too bad the cover gives away Hannu's involvement, making the "mystery" of his arrival somewhat anti-climactic. Why bother to have Kyle Rayner and the others not name their backup when we just saw him on the front of the book?

I'm also embarrassed to say that I was totally surprised by Cyborg Superman's reasoning for kidnapping Ganthet. He wants Ganthet to turn the Alpha Lanterns back to their old selves, hoping that the treatment will also turn Cyborg Supes into a mortal. See, I forgot that Cyborg Superman made himself an Alpha Lantern, so that's a pretty big plot point that breezed right by me. Boy is my face red!

I continue to be saddened at the body count in Green Lantern Corps. Between Peter Tomasi's wholesale slaughter and the handful of GLs getting pasted in this story, the mortality rate of Lanterns must be at least 50%. What a ridiculously dangerous job! Why would anyone ever want that gig?

Ardian Syaf's pencils are nice, but I don't like how all the male characters have so much stubble. I also wonder what a crazier artist might have done with a planet full of unique robots? Imagine if Mike Allred had drawn Grenda's machine population!

Fair

No comments: