Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blackest Night: Titans #3

Hmm. So Dove, powered by white light, is somehow able to destroy Black Lanterns? I wonder which other DC heroes will have this power? I'm suspecting Wonder Woman, although I could also see her being rage-powered. Dove succeeds in destroying Wildebeest, Pantha, Terry, the zombie baby, and the other minor dead Titans, leaving only Hawk, Tempest, and Terra to escape. If I had to guess, Tempest will be resurrected at the end of Blackest Night, but I bet the rest are gone for now.

J.T. Krul does a pretty good job with this story. He's got the voices of the Titans down, with his Beast Boy and Cyborg being standouts. The Black Lanterns are almost excessively cruel in this series and the hurtful things they spit out at the Titans are really pretty upsetting. And speaking of upsetting, how about Donna Troy first caving in her ex-husband's chest then crushing her zombie baby? That's some pretty intense stuff.

I haven't been this interested in the Titans in some time. That last panel where Donna can see the spectrum of her teammates was excellent. My fave, without a doubt, is the split of willpower and rage for Cyborg. He's a great character and I sure wouldn't want to mess with him after this issue.

I think Ed Benes ramped up the cheesecake again this issue. I noticed Starfire and both Wonder Girls made the most of every opportunity to show off their assets to the reader.

Good

4 comments:

Artillery MKV said...

I'm guessing the Dove is the Deus Ex Machina that will end the event . . . just sayin' . .

Newmie Newmz said...

I don't see Dove being the one that ends this event. I do see the white light playing a big part in the victory though.

I think we will see Hank Hall resurrected as well giving us a new Hawk and Dove team.

Timbotron said...

I think everyone not getting eliminated has the potential to come back. I'm hoping that J'onn and Blue Beetle make the cut!

I'll also call my prediction that Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch combine as the new Firestorm.

Martin Gray said...

Best portrayal of Donna for years - this is a hero who doesn't shirk from the hard decisions.