Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE #5


I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it says right on page one to check out the last issue of OMAC "for the other side of this battle!" And that's exactly what this issue is. For some reason, I thought the Frankie/OMAC fight CONTINUED into this issue, but no, this is really the same fight we saw last week, just with more pontificating from Frankenstein.

I'll admit, Frank can smack-talk with the best of them, he has some great lines in this issue as he takes on the more simple-minded OMAC. But I have to say, the fight was a heck of a lot more dynamic and impressive from Keith Giffen's pencils. Alberto Ponticelli does an OK job, but that sense of destruction is more jumbled here. The more artistic approach to the panels makes the fight a bit harder to follow, and the choreography of the fight takes a back-seat to the dialogue.

I loved Frankenstein when Grant Morrison wrote him, and Jeff Lemire does a good job keeping up with the philosopher warrior in a very strange world. I'm just not sure this sample was enough to bring me back again too soon.

Average

No comments: