Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Black Panther: Man Without Fear #519


I still love David Liss’ take on the Black Panther! This issue leaps nicely into a new arc, but there are plenty of ties to the initial story with Vlad the Impaler.

I don’t think Kraven has ever fought Black Panther before, but wow, do they match up nicely. They’re both educated, so their banter/boasts as they fight through the urban jungle of NYC is pretty impressive. Then there’s the constant use of environment, weapons, and skill that makes this running chase one of the best fights I’ve read in awhile.

Adding in Storm for this arc is going to be fun too. The Panther is clearly used to operating on his own and only watching out for himself, so while Storm can help with problems like bystanders and such, I worry that the Panther will leave himself distracted in the upcoming battle.

I’m not usually a huge fan of Jefte Palo’s hulking Panther, but I think T’Challa needs that extra weight to stand up to Kraven!

Excellent

No comments: