Thursday, August 4, 2011

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #12


I had visions of a cool ape-monster based on that cover, but I guess that is supposed to be a human skull. In any case, it is a great cover that makes this one-off issue seem a lot more important than it is.

I love Peter Tomasi’s writing, but wow, is the guy bloodthirsty. When the Guardians need Guy Gardner to take an escaped monster (whose prison was unluckily struck by a Mogo-meteor, what are the odds?), Guy heads across Oa to put a crew together. Let me just say now, if I’m a GL, and Guy comes looking for me? Sorry buddy, I’m sick today. I’ve never seen someone go through redshirts like the Green Lantern Corps. There must be rings zipping around the galaxy at all times, and I hear they are putting in a new annex to the GL crypt. I mean 50 Lanterns die this issue. 50! I know the job is dangerous, but how crazy would you have to be to take that job???

Chris Batista seems to be another casualty of the new 52. He’s so good, I really hope he catches on with one of the new titles, maybe Blue Beetle? Resurrection Man? I think he’d fit there… His design for the creature is a bit more bug-like than I had imagined, with Parallax already sort of claiming that look.

Fair

No comments: