Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Flashpoint: Secret Seven #3


I guess I needed to pay nine dollars to find out that the Shade is crazy and that other than one member, the Seven don't really do a lot in Flashpoint? I mean, that one person does do a lot, but really, this was a pretty disjointed story of questionable value to the main, overarching plot. Why should I care about a bunch of alternate-reality heroes who don't even make it out of their spin-off title?

Was this a story that really needed to be told? I guess Peter Milligan thought so, but I'm afraid I disagree. (Too bad, because I often love his work!)

Looks like I just took JL Dark off my pull list!

(Fernando Blanco does do a nice job with the artwork. I like the alternate design for the Enchantress especially, and he actually won me over on the alternate Zatanna too.)

Poor

1 comment:

LadyAmethyst said...

Agreed. In whole, horribly unsatisfying & unexplainable - why did none of the defenses work, and was this entire 3-issue arc just created to "explain" someone's betrayal in the main series?? Totally beyond me, and entirely worth skipping. Anyone who wants to know what happened is better off reading a review about it - those are always more entertaining, anyway.