Thursday, July 14, 2011

Flashpoint: Secret Seven #2


So we finally discover who the Secret Seven are, more than halfway through the limited series. What's funny is that seven really is too high a number. This book belongs to Rac Shade, and maybe the Enchantress. Everyone else is along for the ride. (Incidentally, the full line-up is Shade, Enchantress, Abra Kadabra, Zatanna, Raven, Amethyst,and Mindwarp.)

Zatanaa looks absolutely ridiculous, I had to laugh when she showed up on a motorbike sporting Wolverine's hair. Abra Kadabra looks about how he did in the main DCU, and Raven's extra set of eyes makes a lot of sense. I loved Amethyst's look, she seems like someone my daughters would really dig. Mindwarp is a new character; I understand he'll be on the JL: Dark team after the reboot.

And how is that going to work? The New 52 isn't a reboot at all, since some aspects of the old continuity is staying (GL and Batman) and some aspects of Flashpoint are sticking (Cyborg, Frankenstein, Mindwarp). Is that right?

Fernando Blanco's art is dynamic and clear. I really like the character designs, even the funny ones. I He does have a habit of drawing heads that don't seem attached to bodies, though.

Fair

1 comment:

Martin Gray said...

This is my least-favourite Flashpoint book, I couldn't make head nor tail of it. You're so right about Zatanna.