Friday, September 3, 2010

Secret Six #25

So it seems last month's excellent Western story was a one-off, this issue picks up with Catman crazy and the Six in shambles. Jeannette and Bane are working with their new team on typical Six-type missions. While I love the original Six, I must admit I love the new team too. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Dwarfstar's contract-kill of the Atom comes up, I can't imagine Giganta will take it well. King Shark is a lot more talkative and funny than I remember, but I don't suppose that's a problem. Lady Vic is awesome as always, she's one of my favorite Chuck Dixon creations (along with Bane). Gail Simone has a great eye for characters with potential.

Meanwhile, Catman is still bugging out, although the team's new contract could help. Mockingbird wants the remaining Five (Deadshot, Scandal, Catman, Ragdoll, and Black Alice) to head to a lost land (Skataris?) to head off Bane's crew. Bane is claiming the land for the US, and Mockingbird wants to stop them. Now, unless I'm confused, I thought Amanda Waller was Mockingbird? What's up here? Or am I misremembering?

Jim Calafiore is a nice fit for the title. His dark art fits the tone of the story nicely. And how about that cover, what a fantastic idea.

Good

No comments: