Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Booster Gold #36

How am I supposed to get by with no Blue Beetle after this fantastic showcase for Ted Kord? Heck, let's expand that, how am I going to get by with no Justice League International? (I will say, the recent preview art in the DC books gives hope there is a JLI relaunch in the works.)

Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis pay lip service to the Justice League: Generation Lost series by having Booster pop back to the present so he can make his required appearances in that title. I do like that Booster is essentially just goofing off in the past because he was a lot happier then.

The JLI era is so chock full of good interaction; I love seeing that Mr. Miracle and Big Barda ALSO knew Booster was from the future. So while he was trying to fit in, every single teammate he's talked to really knows when he's from. It's typical (JLI-era) Booster.

As for the plot, it's filled with more nonsense and jokes, including Blue Beetle being morphed into a chipmunk. Let's face it, no one is reading this for the plot, we're reading it because it's the most fun book out there.

Pat Oliffe is solid, but not quite as dynamic as Chris Batista. He keeps things looking on-model and dynamic, so I won't complain about any fill-in art this nice.

Good

1 comment:

Martin Gray said...

I love this book too, but I disagree this is typical JLI-era Booster ... he's trying hard to be more mature