Sunday, September 5, 2010

Invincible #74

Robert Kirkman's stars finally get wrapped up into the Viltrumite War when Invincible and his immediate family show up. The cover promises a long-reaching, sprawling fight putting all the heroes up against the Viltrumites, but the actual content mostly focuses on the Graysons. I also love how quickly Kirkman deals with the Coalition of Planets traitor. I'm not sure I buy into the horrific idea of hte Viltrumites massing, the Coalition has a pretty sweet team put together at this point with Allen the Alien and his crew.

Ryan Ottley's art doesn't have as much gore this month, I'm disappointed! In all seriousness, the book looks great and I love the worn down look of the heroes already. They've been living on a desolate bug-world, and they look like it.

Good

No comments: