Thursday, July 12, 2012

Seaguy: Slaves of Mickey Eye #1-3

What happened in this series? I don’t know.


Why did Sea Guy’s allies change from allies to enemies? I don’t know.

How did Chubby Da Chuna return to give Sea Guy advice? I think I know, but then how can other people see him?

What is the secret of the outside world that so bothers some of the cast? Unclear.

How did that tiny moth create a wave of flame that destroyed the city? Don’t ask me.

So clearly, I don’t understand a lot of what Morrison is doing in this title. But much like the first Seaguy mini, I absolutely love the book. There is a palpable sense of sadness and loss just permeating the book. I don’t understand the Post-Dad world, but clearly Mickey Eye is a cruel corporation/mascot, and I’m glad Seaguy finally stands up to him.

Unlike some mysteries (like LOST, Prometheus, or Final Crisis) I don’t feel like the parts of the story lessen my experience. Morrison has plopped us into a strange, uneasy world, and much like Seaguy, we’ve got to do the best we can.

Is this what Invisibles is like?

Cameron Stewart does such a great job with this book. The oddball ideas and characters pop out on every page, and he sells it. Heck, I even believe that Seaguy’s alternate career is possible; soon there will be bull-dressers in the real world too.

Good

1 comment:

Always Right said...

No the Invisibles is more straight forward of a us vs them story(never thought I'd say that about the Invisibles since it's a complex story also). It can be a bit confusing until about halfway through, but it's not as post superhero as Seaguy. The Filth is more like the Invisibles, but not as sad.