Monday, November 1, 2010

Punisher: Tiny Ugly World #1

David Lapham is a sick man, but he gets the Punisher. This is a great little one-shot in the vein of Garth Ennis' classic work with the character. The Punisher works best as a force of nature eliminating sick criminals. Lapham creates a stunner in this one. The lead is a total psycho, so far gone both physically and mentally that I don't want to spoil it.

This is one of those comics that is SO crazy and gross that I actually worry the writer might be crazy. I mean, it is entertaining as hell, but it actually scares me that someone thought of this stuff!

The Punisher comes in just when he needs to, and the story wraps up like the good Ennis yarns did back in the day.

This might be the right format for me and the Punisher these days, let demented, creative writers have a shot at creating the weirdest villains they can think of, then have the Punisher kill them. I know it makes me happy!

Dalibor Talajic is new to me, but his work is gritty and realistic while still being cartoony enough to keep me from getting sick at all the twisted stuff in this book. I'll keep an eye out for more of his work.

Good

No comments: