Saturday, November 20, 2010

REBELS #22

Hey kids, comics! What says fun-loving adventure comics like having your team take on rape-camps?

Tony Bedard actually has an interesting story here, I just continue to worry about using these types of stories starring characters that appear on kids cartoons. I always like seeing Starfire get the focus of an issue, and she is tough throughout this book, but still.

I still don't really care about the new GLs. Again, I appreciate that Bedard has handed GL rings to two races that are typically bad guys in the DCU, and this does give us a different look at those societies, but I'm just not sure these characters are going to have much staying power. Couldn't that panel time do more with some of the neglected cast members like Amon Hakk or Wildstar? Heck, I barely recognized Bounder, one of the founding members!

Claude St. Aubin and Kevin Sharpe don't have the same style, but they are both good enough storytellers that their pages all get the job done.

Fair

1 comment:

Martin Gray said...

Yup, pretty decent issue of Green Lantern Corps guest starring Starfire!